Landscaping New Zealand’s objective is for its members to minimise the impact of their operations on the Environment.
Our Environmental Policy is to encourage our members to
- Maintain full compliance with legislation and standards in relation to the Environment and whenever possible exceed these standards.
- Take all practical steps to reduce and eliminate harmful waste, discharges and the use of hazardous materials.
- Promote the use of environmental friendly products and practise environmentally sound work practices.
- Consult with regulatory authorities, surrounding communities and other affected parties to identify the most effective approach to mitigating adverse environmental effects.
- Develop and implement Environmental Management Plans that will:
carry out regular checks of procedures and plans;
provide emergency procedures for the control and prevention of spills.
Landscaping New Zealand is committed to the promotion of excellence in environmental management by its members.